Air Traffic Controller
SJSC Latvijas gaisa satiksme (LGS) is the Latvian air navigation service provider, handling over 250 thousand flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from Riga Control Centre and 2 airports.
We are inviting young people to become the Air Traffic Controllers. Air Traffic Controller’s job is an ideal for those who is interested in aviation and wish to connect it’s life with this fascinating area.
This call is a great opportunity to receive highly-professional training and work in one of the most notable Latvian State enterprises SJSC Latvijas Gaisa Satiksme.
WHAT WE EXPECT?
The work of air traffic controllers is very demanding. To be a good controller, person shall able to demonstrate a lot of different qualities, such as:
• good spatial awareness and strong mathematical skills;
• excellent communication skills;
• the ability to work well under pressure and make quick, accurate decisions;
• the capability to plan ahead, as well as adapt to changing situations;
• enjoy taking charge and being accountable for your actions and decisions;
• and many other.
WHAT WE OFFER?
The initial training takes place at ANS Finland Avia College in Vantaa near Helsinki. The subsequent practical training including license acquisition takes place at LGS premises in Riga.
During training students will be paid salary from 900 EUR (monthly, before tax). Also, LGS will provide accommodation, medical insurance and cover travel expenses to and from Finland several times a year. Upon successful completion of training, LGS offers a job with excellent working conditions, competitive salary (starting from 3000 EUR) and benefits, competitive social package and health insurance.
WHAT DO WE REQUEST?
To become a Student Air Traffic Controller, applicant must:
• to be EU National or allowed to work in Latvia as an air traffic controller in accordance to Latvian Laws;
• to have at least bachelor academic degree at the start of the training (August 2019);
• to have at least B1 or “Intermediate” level of English language;
• to demonstrate at least C1 level of Latvian language (at the end of the training process);
• to meet requirements of Class 3 Medical Assessment
These criteria shall be proved by relevant documents/certificates.
The recruitment steps:
• Submitting of application and documents. Candidates shall submit their application via link provided until 30 April 2019. To get access to the application form candidate shall use or create personal Gmail account;
• the First European Air Traffic Controller Selection Test (FEAST). The test consists of two parts, each part takes approximately 4 hours. Only candidates who successfully completed the first part are invited to participate in the second. Planned dates of FEAST are 13 - 17 May 2019;
• face-to-face interview with psychologist and selection team;
• final interview
While every effort is made to keep the recruitment process as short and smooth as possible, please understand that the process is thorough and may deviate from the initial plan.
Before the final interview student must acknowledge he or she meets compulsory medical requirements by valid Class 3 medical certificate, issued in accordance with the COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2015/340. LGS will cover medical check’s expenses of candidates invited for the final interview. After the final interview, students will be offered to sign training contracts and agreements.
Please be informed that in accordance to the Aviation Law of Latvia, security background check of candidates will be performed before contract.
Avia College will provide the initial training which starts in August 2019 and will take up to 11 months. Training consists of theory and practical components, with practical training undertaken on air traffic control simulators. After the training in Finland, there will be an 8-month long Unit training at LGS in Riga. After successful completion of training, Civil Aviation Administration of Latvia will issue the Air Traffic Controller’s License. This is a European-wide recognized qualification.
The complete training program will take approximately 20 months.
LGS will cover most of training fees and expects students to co-finance their education in amount of 20 000 EUR. LGS may help students to apply for loans in credit institutions if necessity arises.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please use or create free Gmail account and follow the link to apply online.
Please attach the following documents:
• your CV filled in EuroPASS form https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/lv/documents/curriculum-vitae
• letter of motivation in English
• Documents and certificates that prove your education and language knowledge.
Candidates who meet the requirements will be shortlisted and invited to take part in the ability testing FEAST.